Student organizations and university departments who wish to use Dixie State University marks on apparel (such as t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc.), gift items (such as mugs, key chains, jewelry, etc.) and miscellaneous items (such as flags, signs, etc.) must follow these steps.
- Download the Learfield/IMG College (CLC) Approved Vendor List.
- All items with a Dixie State University trademark (name, logo, etc.) must be manufactured by and/or purchased through a vendor licensed by Dixie State University (See Local Vendors and Dixie State University Licensees). Per official policy (policy 206-6.1.4) – Departments and recognized student clubs and organizations may purchase merchandise bearing official Dixie State University trademarks, for both internal and external use, only with prior written approval. Every department, with the exception of the Dixie State Intercollegiate Athletic Department, must have written approval from the University Marketing and Communication Office (UMAC) before any purchase is made. The Dixie State Intercollegiate Athletic Department must have written approval from the Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations/Collegiate Licensing before any purchase is made.
- Create a sketch of the proposed design. The design must be submitted through the DSU Creative Services page to be reviewed and approved by DSU Associate Athletic Director / Collegiate Licensing Director Steve Johnson (435-652-7524 / email@example.com) prior to creating artwork by the vendor.
- Once the artwork/product proof is received, DSU UMAC and/or the Collegiate Licensing Director will review your submission. You will receive a notification email from the CVS system detailing if the artwork/product proof is approved, approved with changes or denied.
- Typically, the review process is 1-3 university business days. Each request is reviewed on a case-by-case basis to ensure compliance with Dixie State University policies.
- If the artwork/product proof is approved, contact the vendor to finalize the design and have them submit the design on CLC – Learfield Licensing/IMG College approval website.
- If your artwork/product proof is not approved, but will be with corrective changes, you will receive an email clarifying the changes needed for approval. It is your responsibility to ensure the vendor makes the corrective changes and submits the design on CLC – Learfield Licensing/IMG College approval website.
- Merchandise produced without authorization infringes on Dixie State University’s trademarks and will be subject to all available legal remedies.
If your artwork/product proof is not approved, you will receive an email detailing why your design was denied. Should this occur, you have the option to redesign the artwork/product proof and start the approval process over.
Merchandise produced without authorization infringes on Dixie State University’s trademarks and will be subject to all available legal remedies.